POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Illegal Commercial Usage of IRTC Images : Re: Illegal Commercial Usage of IRTC Images Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:13:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Illegal Commercial Usage of IRTC Images
From: Fabien
Date: 27 Sep 1999 05:58:30
Message: <37EF3FC1.E31C91BE@skynet.be>
Johannes Hubert wrote:

> Since the US is usually regarded as litigation heaven, I would say: Sue
> them! You can finally make some money with your hobby!
>
> Now, jokes aside, I actually mean that quite seriously, because of the
> following reason:
>
> They should not get away with it. If you don't sue them, they'll do it
> again. If it is a large publisher, you'll probably get some nice punitive
> damages too.

The problem is that it seems that some images comes from non-US people
(Nathan O'Brien, myself,...), and while it is clear that they did
something
wrong, suing them from here is not an easy matter.

Is there any known case of such multi-country copyright infringement of
net-availiable material ?

Fabien.